Friday, April 16, 2010

Prefolds, Fitteds and Covers

Okay, so next cloth diapering questions...what are the best prefolds, fitted diapers and covers for a newborn?  How many of these will I need?  I think I'm leaning towards these for my baby girl in her first few months and have been researching all day...my fingers and brain both hurt!  So, I thought I'd turn to my cloth diaper blogger friends! 

My son was 7 pounds 4 ounces when he was born and my doctor says I'm measuring right on target (not big or small) so I'm thinking baby girl will be between 7-8 pounds when she is born.  Since I'm planning on breastfeeding again, she is most likely going to lose a little bit of weight right away before my milk is completely in.  Just a little background on what size I think she will be.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations and suggestions!  I really do read all of the comments and am very appreciative!

2 comments:

  1. It is my personal opinion that mamas who want to use prefolds from the very beginning of the baby's life should invest in Cloth-eeze by Green Mountain Diapers. This mama is super savvy and has specialty sizes that other retailers (including myself) do not have. http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/diapers.htm

    Additionally, Thirsties Duo Wraps (covers) are my personal favorite as easy-to-use, no mess covers. I actually carry those - lol! :) http://www.ittybittybabybunz.com/cloth-diapers/diaper-covers/thirsties-duo-wraps/prod_117.html

    Good luck on your cloth diapering journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite covers are bummis super brite covers. i've used thirsties as well, but bummis seem a bit thicker. thirsties are my second favorite after bummis though!! i bought 12 on sale bumgenius fitteds for our baby girl in july and have 24 small size prefolds. plus some WAHM mom ones. i'd say between 12-20 would be good...but i'm not sure. depends how much you want to wash i guess. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Send some positive vibes my way...