- I didn't cloth diaper my son, so all I know are disposables.
- My husband, family and most friends only know disposables.
- Even after reading a million blogs and visiting another million CD websites, I still don't know what type of CD system would work best for our family.
- I am unsure about CD during the newborn stage...especially since I won't know how big my baby is until she is born. My son was 7 lbs, 4 oz and 20 in long. My doctor says I'm measuring about 1/2 to a week bigger than my due date...which means nothing.
- I don't quite know how the middle of the night changes work with CD. I vaguely remember the newborn stage, so I can't figure out how we will change a poopy diaper in the middle of the night using CD and where to put the dirty diaper, etc. She will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for a while...that's the plan anyway. So will we have to go to the bathroom, rinse the diaper, go to her room to put the dirty diaper into wherever they go and change her into a new CD in our room? The logistics just are confusing me right now.
- How do you rinse the poopy diapers without a diaper sprayer? I have a 2 year old son and though I'm not 100% sure how a diaper sprayer works, I have an inkling he would love to use it as a weapon/toy/something else equally destructive to our beautiful new bathroom.
- Will her clothes fit horribly? Since we have a son, we were lucky enough to have a friend with a little girl who saved all of her clothing and is letting us have it all! This is going to save us a ton of money...but not if none of them fit because the CD are so bulky.
- I can't think of any other issues, but I'm sure there are more...they keep me up at night.
Monday, February 15, 2010
As I have previously noted, I am pregnant and due to have a baby girl on May 2nd. As I have not previously noted, I am seriously considering going the cloth diapering route with her. Issues I am currently having with cloth diapering: