Friday, February 19, 2010

Special Moments

There are some days when admittedly, I would just like to lay on the couch all day and do nothing.  But most days I resign myself to at least mustering up the energy to take a shower and get myself and Nolan dressed...even if we go nowhere that day.

Then there are days when I am totally motivated to clean and cook and play, etc.  A few days ago we were prepared to go to the grocery store to pick up some much needed items for the rest of the week and weekend.  I stopped to look in the mirror and did not recognize myself.  As previously noted, I don't like being pregnant, and I just feel like a huge blob.  Nolan either doesn't seem to realize that his mother is all of a sudden as big as an elephant (his favorite animal nonetheless) or he is politely choosing to ignore this fact.  I am not a big take-a-ton-of-photos-of-myself-while-I'm-pregnant kind of person and didn't take that many when I was pregnant with Nolan.  I hadn't taken any yet of me this pregnancy and decided I had better do so just in case I felt some inkling of regret years down the road when my daughter asks to see them.  So, I begrugingly went and got the camera and tried to look my happiest pregnant self...no luck.  I was about to just do it later when Nolan came in, climbed up on his stool, put his hand on my belly and said "baby".  I just about lost it.  He's said it before but it was exactly what I needed to remind myself of the wonderful gift God has given to me, and only me.  I have the wonderful pleasure of bringing another little life into our beautiful family!  I managed to get a few photos, but none are spectacular.  I was teary-eyed and recently out of the shower, but I won't forget that I took the baby weight off before and I will do it again...but I'll never be able to re-do this pregnancy. 


Here's to weekly photo-taking!  Even if I don't like what I look like now, I love what my body is able to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some positive vibes my way...