Friday, July 16, 2010

Frustration

Kaitlyn has been such a great sleeper at night and has been going down for the night so wonderfully since she was born.  I was convinced that God knew I couldn't handle another baby like my son.  He didn't sleep in his crib until he was 6 months old!  Don't ask.  With my father passing away suddenly, I was thinking that her being a good sleeper at night was literally his doing.  Well, now, not so much.  The past two nights she has been getting up more often and tonight she has woken up three times since we put her down for bed at 7pm...it's only 9:15pm.  I am a naturally worrisome person, which I hate but have always been, and I'm so afraid that her awesome nighttime sleeping is coming to an end.  It was a great 2 and 1/2 months, I guess.

She doesn't nap during the day in her crib, no matter what I do, so I know she is tired and probably overtired, but I have tried everything.  I can't just sit in her room with her the whole day trying to get her to nap because my son is here to and I can't just leave him alone all day long.  The only way I've been getting her to nap is in her swing and I know that is not good, but it's the only thing I have right now.  And she will only nap in it once a day for me for a few hours.  She is definitely not getting enough sleep, so what do I do?  I don't want to hold her all day.  I have tried putting her in the BabyBjorn and the Slingling I have, but she cries, even if she is in a good mood when I put her in them.

I'm totally frustrated right this second and hope I'm just overreacting or reading too much into these last few nights.  My husband doesn't appear to care about a schedule, so it's up to me.  I told him when he got home from work tonight that she should go to bed because of the no naps...he kept her up another hour or so.  I know he wants to see her since he didn't all day long, so what do I do?  Help!

Heading to bed.  Don't know how much sleep I'll get.  Screw my goals for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some positive vibes my way...