Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Gym is not my Enemy

I have to keep repeating to myself that I used to enjoy going to the gym and working out.  I went for the first time in almost a year on Monday.  The treadmill is the worst invention, ever.  It is a torture device.  I walked/jogged/ran for 30 minutes on Monday and I hated it.  I even listened to Dave Matthews Band the entire time...that was the only thing that kept me going.  I am just not a treadmill kind of girl.  I love doing step aerobics, yoga and spin classes but the treadmill sucks.  I just cannot stay focused running in place.  I get so bored.  Unfortunately, my gym has changed up all of their classes/schedules since I was there last and I don't know how to get back into a good routine.  Before I became pregnant I was going to 2 spin classes during the week, Step Aerobics on Saturday mornings and Yoga on Sundays.  I was able to drop my son off at the child care, workout, shower and go pick him up with no issues and we were in such a great routine.  Now I feel overwhelmed and don't know how to get back into a workout routine.  It's obvious to me that I need to attend group workout classes if I'm going to make this work because if I leave it up to pushing myself, it will take me forever to lose the weight I want to lose.  If I only had someone to watch Kaitlyn for 2 to 2 1/2 hours twice during the week, I would be so much happier!  That would allow me to get to the spin classes, which I love, and take Nolan to the child care, which he loves, during the week and then have my husband watch her on the weekends.  How do you manage to fit in workouts, have your husband fit in workouts and still get family time everyday?  It is boggling my mind right now and I'm hoping a solution will just appear to me like a divine vision or something.  For sure though, the treadmill is not going to cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send some positive vibes my way...