Monday, February 7, 2011

Need Opinions

Okay. I have finally had it with this depression controlling my life. I have to take control. I need to lose weight. Here are a few of the "issues" I currently have with trying to lose weight:
  1. My kids don't sleep. My son is three years old and goes to bed around 8pm-ish and wakes up at THE crack of dawn (i.e. 5:30am) and that is on a good night. Lately, he wakes up sometime in the middle of the night...last night it was 12:30am...and won't go back to sleep unless me or my hubs lays with him in his bed. Because we are all tired, we do this, but then fall asleep in my son's bed instead of going back into ours. This is particularly difficult during the week when my hubs has to work. My daughter is 9 months old and goes to bed around 7pm-ish. She usually wakes once in the night, but goes back to bed after eating and a diaper change. Again, we know this is a bad habit, but we are so darn exhausted, it is what we do for now. She will then wake around 7:30am...usually.  Therefore, I get very little sleep...ever. My son won't take a nap anymore during the day, but my daughter takes two, usually.
  2. Laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, cleaning the kitchen, picking up toys 20 times a day, sweeping the floors a bazillion times a day, dropping off and picking up my son to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on and on. You know, the regular daily grind of a stay at home mom. Everyone thinks our lives are so easy. Riiiight. I don't even know what a bon bon is and I don't have time to watch soap operas.
  3. My son is a picky eater. He won't eat much of anything. No matter what I cook, he won't eat it...except for turkey tacos...and he only eats the meat. I have a hard time cooking regular meals when only my hubs and I eat them...and hopefully soon our baby girl will too.
  4. My hubs is up for work at 5:30am and doesn't get home until between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. He will be working late this month, so who knows what time he'll be home. It makes for loooong days. I usually feed the kids dinner, or a banana if you are my son, around 5:30pm. If it is bath night I will bathe them around 6:15pm and then by the time we're done I need to get baby girl to bed. She is usually asleep before my hubs gets home from work. I then have to clean up the kitchen from their dinner time mess and usually either my hubs will cook something or I will and we eat at like 7:30pm. If I'm hungry before then, I will just eat something quick, like a PB sandwich before hubs gets home and let him figure out his own dinner.
  5. We have no family close to us. My mom and brother live about 45-50 minutes away and my in-laws live about an hour and a half away. Nobody else has ever watched our kids and so if I want to grocery shop or anything during the week, I will usually do it once my hubs gets home...which means it is late. I don't like shopping with my kids...it takes way too long and I find I am more stressed out about making sure my son is staying nearby and telling my daughter not to lick the nasty shopping cart.
  6. I am currently living with depression. I could get extremely sad at any time, without warning, and my day will be a total loss as far as getting anything productive done. I am currently taking meds but need to meet with a counselor or someone, I know this. My weight issues are not my dad's fault. I am not implying that at all.
  7. My right foot is killing me. It has been about a month since the pain started. I have researched it online and am thinking it is the long tendon that runs the length of your foot. It may have become inflamed and needs to be treated. I can barely walk on it after sitting for any period of time and it sure doesn't make me feel like hopping on the treadmill. I just don't know when I can see a doctor. I don't even know how to find a podiatrist.
  8. I've tried Weight Watchers in the past, but it was when I had no kids and all the time in the world to count points, log my water consumption and monitor my activity levels. I know this won't work for me right now. I basically need someone to tell me what to do. I need prepared meals and realistic ideas of how I can work exercise into my current life, otherwise, it's not going to work. I know this for a fact.
I'm sure there are more excuses reasons I find myself not able to lose weight, but really it comes down to me not being able to put myself first. My kids need me, my hubs needs me, my mom needs me and I don't want to let them down.

So, I have started looking into Jenny Craig, Medifast and Nutrisystem. Have you used any of these? What were your results? Is there another system I should research? I need your opinion because I have to start somewhere and I need to start soon. I want to lose 77 pounds and know it won't happen over night...it may take years (hopefully not)...but I need to do something.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of bloggers have being doing Nutrisystem if you check the hashtag #NSNation on Twitter you can see there journeys, I'm about to start it right now so I can also let you know. I start tomorrow actually! It seems like it's going to be fun and easy but we'll see!

    I do 10 minute work out DVDS. Altogether they're 50 minutes but they're in 10 minute segments that are effective in my opinion!

    Good luck, it's not easy but it's worth it! Trust me I know that!

    ReplyDelete

Send some positive vibes my way...